Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0017971
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Division of Pediatric Nephrology at the University of Minnesota is seeking a full-time board certified/eligible nephrologist at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank on an academic track.
- Seeking a highly motivated clinician with specific training in Pediatric Nephrology.
- This full-time position will include clinical duties working in/at M Health Fairview University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital and Children's Hospitals and Clinics of MN.
- Additional responsibilities will include participation in the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows, clinical practice through UMPhysicians, and participation in service activities on behalf of the department, the medical school, and your profession.
- The successful candidate will participate in research projects and other academic/scholarly activities either as a collaborator or independent researcher and participate in faculty development activities tailored to the candidate's career interests and goals
About the Division:
The Division of Pediatric Nephrology is one of the top pediatric nephrology programs in the nation. We have a very active dialysis and transplant program for children with end-stage kidney failure. We also boast the highest reported infant kidney transplant success rate in the world. The pediatric nephrologists work closely with a number of other specialties including pediatric urology, transplant surgery, pediatric psychology, nutrition, and social work to provide a multidisciplinary approach to the care of children with kidney disease. Our faculty have active clinical research programs in glomerular disease and kidney transplantation.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME pediatric residency and nephrology fellowship training program.
- Board eligible/certified.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Ability to work in the United States.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and staff.
- Understands and places importance on patient care/service.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver
- Competitive compensation commensurate with community standards
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more.
Information about benefits of working at the University of Minnesota and University of Minnesota Physicians can be found at https://humanresources.umn.edu/benefits & https://mphysicians.org/careers.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health (M Health) shared care delivery system. M Health represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC):
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
University of Minnesota Physicians is based in the beautiful Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, ranked as the #6 best place to live in America by U.S. News & World Report in 2019. For more information about the vibrant culture, community, and recreation that Minneapolis-St. Paul has to offer, please click on the links below.
Greater Minneapolis - St. Paul Metropolitan Area
U.S. News & World Report Ranking
Minnesota Department of Education
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.