Location: Akron, Ohio
Akron Children's Hospital seeks a Division Director of Pediatric Nephrology to join its expanding care team. Akron Children's Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the Best Children's Hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system that includes:
* Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
* 1,000+ providers who managed over 1.2 million visits in 2021
* A network of 50+ primary and specialty care locations
* Robust research and innovation endeavors
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience with some demonstrated leadership responsibilities.  He/she will  lead an established team of five pediatric nephrologists who provide full service pediatric nephrology care, serving patients from prenatal consultation through transition to adult nephrology. We provide comprehensive inpatient nephrology care, multidisciplinary clinics, medical management of kidney transplant patients and comprehensive dialysis care including hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, CRRT, aquadex, plasmapheresis and lipopheresis.
This position offers opportunities for:
* Leading and expanding state of the art nephrology care with an established team of providers to develop the program's mission in      areas of clinical care, education and research.
* Promoting the career development of faculty, residents and students.
* Research and innovation available through Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute, local universities and clinical trials.
* Active involvement in medical student and resident education academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is             available and commensurate with experience
* A predictable and stable compensation plan as well as bonus compensation
* A comprehensive benefit package
Requirements include board certification in Pediatric Nephrology, and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
Akron Children's Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community will have outdoor enthusiasts thrilled with over 35,000 acres of Metro Parks for year-round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premiere destination to work, live, play, shop and dine!
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: